1. A ‘bull market’ means that share prices are- Answer: rising 2. The word ‘disinterested’ means: Answer: neutral 3. Choose the correct sentence: Answer: Let you and him be witnesses 4. A reward has been announced for the employees who ‒ hard. Answer: have worked
5. Anger, even when it is ‒ has one virtue, it overcomes ‒. Answer: sinful ‒ sloth 6. Break : Repair :: Wound: Answer: Heal
7. If winter comes, can spring be far behind? These lines were written by _. Answer: Shelley 8. He gave up ____ football when be got married. Answer: playing9. ‘Wisdom’ শব্দের বাংলা অর্থ-
10. Succssive discountn of 20% and 15% are equal to a single discount of- Answer: 32% 11. choose the word or phrase that is most nearly similar or opposite in meaning to the word given in the question: BROCHURE-Answer: Pamphlet
12. Choose the wrong sentence: Answer: His failure resulted for lack of attention 13. Only those who are not serious to their success work by _ and start. Answer: fits 14. Naither Rini nor Simi __ qualified for the job.
15. Choose the correct sentence – Answer: He was hanged for murder 16. The antonym for ‘Recalcitrant’- Answer: Complaint 17. A synonym for resentment is- Answer: anger 18. The captain left the boat, because it ___. Answer: turned over 19. ‘Pediatric’ relates to the treatment of:
Answer: children 20. Who is the most famous satirist in English literature? Answer: Jonathan Swifts 21. Which of the following sentences is correct? Answer: The shirt which he bought is blue in colour 22. Reason is the highest faculty-on human by their creator. Answer: bestowed 23. The correct sentence of the followings: Answer: The Nile is the longest river in Africa 24. what is the meaning of the word ‘scuttle ‘ – Answer: pile up 25. The right word to fill in the gap of the following sentence : Give her a telephone number to ring ____ she gets lost.Answer: in case
26. Submissive : Disobedient Answer: observe : defy 27. Rishan walks as if he-lame. Answer: were 28. The word ‘precedence’ means : Answer: priority 29. The last word of the proverb . Handsome is that handsome____________’ Answer: does 30. Two men, starting at the same point, walk in opposite directions for 4 meters, turn left and walk another 3 meters. What is the distance between them ? Answer: 10 meters
31. Choose the set of words for each blank that best fits the meaning of the sentence as a while: A __ statement is an __ comparison;it does not compare things explicitly,but suggest a likeness between them. Answer: blatant-overt 32. Fill in the blanks He has assured me_______safety ? Answer: of
33. The speaker failed to make the audience-to him patiently.-Which of the following is the best form of pronoun in the above sentence? Answer: listen 34. To put the cart before the horse- Answer: to reverse the natural order of things 35. As they waited, Rahim argued against war ‒ Answer: while his brother was discussing the effects of pollution 36. ‘The French’ refers to – Answer: The French people 37. Eager:Indifferent Answer: enthusiastic:halfhearted 38. The correct spelling is – Answer: Humorous
39. `Bill of fare’ is –
Answer: A list of dishes at restaurant 40. Something which is obnoxious means that it is- Answer: Very unpleasant
41. The sentence with correct punctuations- Answer: Maria, my student, is on leave today 42. Which of the following sentences is correct? Answer: I forbade him to go 43. One should be careful about ___ duty.
Answer: one’s 44. Caesar and Cleopatra is- Answer: A play by G. B. Shaw 45. ‘উভয়কুল রক্ষা’ অর্থে ব্যবহৃত প্রবচন কোনটি ? Answer: সাপও ম’রে, লাঠিও না ভাঙ্গে 46. Which living in poverty,the poet had to _ a great deal of sufferings Answer: put up with
47. What is the meaning of ‘White Elephant’? Answer: A very costly or troublesome possession 48. ‘লাপাত্তা’ শব্দের ‘লা’ উপসর্গটি বাংলায় এসেছে- আরবি ভাষা থেকে Answer: 49. ‘Razzmatazz’ means: Answer: A noisy activity 50. Browning was the composer of any of the following poems – Answer: Andrea del sarto 51. The word ‘ecological’ is related to – . Answer: environment
52. The influence of the technological revolution in ‒ and ‒ the concentration of wealth and power in the hands of the few should worry us all. Answer: accelerating ‒ intensifying 53. According to the conditions of my scholarship, after finishing my degree ‒ . Answer: the University will employ me 54. Trees have – – off their leaves Answer: cast 55. The antonym for ‘inimical’-
Answer: friendly 56. Who wrote the plays , ‘The Tempest’ and ‘The Mid Summer Night’s Dream? Answer: William Shakespeare 57. If a part of a speech or writing breaks the theme, it is called –
58. Select the pair that best expresses a relationship similar to the expressed in the original pair: CARPENTER : SAW- seamstress : scissors 59. `Equivocation’ means – Answer: Two contrary things in the same statment 60. one of the four sentences given in each question is grammatically wrong. That alternative is your answer:-
Answer: Laziness is detrimental for success
61. I have never seen such a slow coach like you, this small work has taken you three full month. what does the idiom ‘a slow coach’ mean? Answer: a very lazy person 62. One who unduly forwards in rendering services for others is not generally liked in society- Which of the following words represents truly the character of the person mentioned here? Answer: Officious
63. I have a __ that one day this nation will live out the true meaning of its creed that all men are created equal Answer: dream
64. what is the meaning of the word ‘euphemism’? Answer: in offensive expression 65. Some writer sink __ oblivion in course of time Answer: into 66. Shaheen would never have taken the job if _ what great demand it would make on his time . Answer: he had known 67. Climate is a _ of the environment. Answer: state 68. ‘Existentialism’ কী?
Answer: একটি দার্শনিক মতবাদ 69. I cannot _to pay such high prices. Answer: afford 70. The literary work ‘Kuble Khan’is -. Answer: a verse by Coleridge 71. Trying unitedly we were able to have our project approved ‘against’ strong oppositions. which of the following says nearly the same as ‘against’ above? Answer: In the teeth of 72. Into the __ of death rode the six hundred. Answer: valley 73. A person whose ‘head’ is in the ‘cloud’ is- Answer: a day dreamer 74. The word ‘Shrug’ indicating doubt or indifference is associated with- Answer: Shoulders 75. Pick the word that is synonymous with ‘authoritarian’
Answer: autocratic 76. The ‘poet laureate’ is Answer: the Court poet of England
77. ‘Dog day’ means- Answer: hot weather 78. what is the meaning of the word ‘sequence’?
Answer: to follow 79. Which of the following sentences is correct? Answer: Why have you done this? 80. Who, which, what are:
Answer: Reflexive pronoun 81. Choose the correct sentence – Answer: I asked javed if he had passed 82. Tell me ___ that. Answer: who told you 83. The word ‘imbibe’ means :
Answer: To drink 84. In each of the follwing questions,choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word:-HATE
Answer: Admire 85. If two typist can type two pages in two minutes, how many typists will it take to type 18 pages in six minutes.
Answer: 6 86. Of the four alternatives given below, choose the word/words that best fits into the underlined word given in the sentence: – One day ‘women willhave has so long been denied them _ leisure, money and room to themselves. Answer: Liberty 87. We(not have) a holiday since the beginning of the year. which of the following verb forms does best complete the above sentence? Answer: have not had 88. In each of the follwing questions,out of the four alternatives,choose the one which can be substituted for the given words/sentence:-Time after twilight and before night- Answer: Dusk 89. Who is the author of `For Whom the Bell Tolls’ ?Answer: Ernest Hemingway 90. My uncle has three sons, —- work in the same office.-which of the following is the best form of pronoun in the above sentence?
Answer: all of whom 91. 30% of 10 is 10% of which ? Answer: 30 92. There is no alternative _training. Answer: of 93. To ‒ the arrival of spring, Bangladesh Television ‒ a special function. Answer: celebrate : organized
94. I know him.
Answer: He is known to me 95. Choose the word or phrase that best fill the blank space to complete the sentences: All of the people at the NAM conference are ___ . Answer: Mathematics teacher 96. What is the antonym of ‘famous’? Answer: Obscure 97. We look forward ____ a response from you. Answer: to receiving 98. Tiger: Zoology :: Mars :
Answer: Astronomy 99. Something that is ‘fresh’ is something- Answer: In fairly good condition 100. What is the antonym of ‘Queer’? Answer: Orderly
শেয়ার করে রাখুন। ভাল লাগলে ধন্যবাদ দিতে ভুলবেননা। নতুন পোস্ট দ্রুতই দেওয়া হবে।